11 people poisoned when eating beef

US One person died and 10 were hospitalized after eating beef containing Salmonella.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recorded 11 cases from August to October 3. Patients were hospitalized with general symptoms such as fever, diarrhea, and stomach cramps for 12 to 27 hours after eating beef. Tests later found that the beef of the patients who ate were contaminated with the intestinal bacteria Salmonella.

The patients live in California, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Iowa. Authorities have identified Salmonella Dublin strains of bacteria in some ground beef samples obtained from patients’ homes. Beef samples of various brands.

Salmonella are intestinal bacteria that can cause food poisoning and digestive tract infections. Most cases of mild poisoning can be treated at home. The disease can still be life-threatening if severe poisoning. It is estimated that every year, around 1.2 million people are infected with the bacteria, of which about 450,000 die.

The CDC recommends that people wash their hands thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water after touching raw meat. Do not eat raw or undercooked beef. Beef is stored in the refrigerator or freezer for 2 hours after purchase and used within one to two days.